Baggage Handling System Operator:
Candidates who are suitable for this job will have excellent working knowledge of computers and equipment, and mechanical aptitudes. We are looking for team players with strong verbal and written communication skills who are customer and service oriented.
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time; Shift Work Required
- Visually monitor alarms
- Attending to call outs, faults, alarms and warnings
- Attending to stoppages and bag jams
- Communicate with various parties regarding work performed and status of baggage handling systems
- Preventive maintenance – Inspect, adjust, lubricate, clean, replace worn parts.
- Working knowledge of mechanical systems (Millwright, or other trade tickets would be an asset)
- Flexible in shift work and able to work nights, weekends, overtime and holidays (a typical shift might be 3:30 am to noon or 1:30 pm to 10 pm)-Ability to solve problems under pressure
- Working knowledge of computers and equipment
- Physically able to pick up and transport items that are 50 pounds and greater
- Ability to obtain airport security clearance pass
- Current class 5 driver’s license
A Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC) is required for this job at the Victoria Airport.
Applicants without a RAIC may be subject to up to a 3 month waiting period before commencing work.
Duties include: installing, programming and commissioning DDC building control systems. Other responsibilities include performing day-to-day service and maintenance, system diagnostics & repair, and basic-to-advanced graphics and programming. Strong computer and organizational skills are extremely important, as well as the ability to develop excellent customer relationships.
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
- Minimum of 3 years experience with DDC programming
- Minimum of 5 years experience with BAS installation, service and repair
- In-depth knowledge of HVAC systems and all related mechanical equipment and building systems
- Diploma from a technical institute in a related discipline or equivalent education and experience
- Prefer formal training in BACnet protocol
Want to learn more about the current career opportunities available for both Controls Technicians and Journeyman Electricians?
Email your up-to-date resume to email@example.com. We are waiting to hear from you!